Our vision arises from our understanding of what the sovereign God purposes to do for and through His church. The Great Commission remains our mandate from Christ.
- The Church of God is to be:
- 1. A movement committed to the authority of Holy Scripture for faith and direction.
- 2. A fellowship whose worship brings God’s power into the life of the church and extends that power through the lives of believers into the marketplace of life.
- 3. A body that is directed by the Spirit, fully understanding that baptism in the Holy Spirit is both a personal blessing and an endowment of power for witness and service in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- 4. A people who hunger for God, experience the presence of God, and stand in awe of His holiness as He changes believers into conformity with Christ.
- 5. A New Testament church which focuses on the local congregation where the pastor nurtures and leads all members to exercise spiritual gifts in ministry.
- 6. A church that loves all people and stands opposed to any action or policy that discriminates against any group or individual because of race, color, or nationality.
- 7. A movement that evidences love and concern for the hurts and loneliness of the unsaved through aggressive evangelistic, discipling, and nurturing ministries.
- 8. A church that is Christ-centered, people-oriented, and need sensitive in all its programs and ministries.
- 9. A movement that promotes policies and ministries which reflect an open, sincere effort to remain relevant to each generation.